The Denman Island Food Bank is open Thursdays, 4-7pm, and is located in the Community School Portable, 1100 North West Road.
COVID-19 protocols To ensure that the Food Bank is a safe space for everyone we ask that you please;
- Wear a mask (If you are unable to wear a mask you can tell staff what you would like and they will pack a bag for you)
- Enter the portable from the front door and exit at the back door.
- Disinfect your hands before entering the portable.
- Keep at least 6 feet (2 meters) between you and others at all times.
Food Bank Deliveries are now available for people uncomfortable with moving around in the community. Email or call us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 250 335 2058 by 7pm on Wednesdays to let us know what you would like, and your address. We will do our best to get those things delivered the following day. We appreciate our volunteers assisting with this!
Food Hampers Individuals and families in need are also encouraged to apply for a supplemental hamper. Registration forms can be found here and completed registrations can be emailed to email@example.com. Paper copies of the registration form can be found at the portable.
Donations Cash and cheques (made out to DICES) donations can be:
- deposited in the collection jar at the Denman Island General Store or at the Food Bank portable during operating hours
- made online at CanadaHelps.org . Consider becoming a monthly donor!
- e-transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org (please provide your mailing address to receive a tax reciept)
- you can also donate your empty beverage containers at the Recycling Depot.
Tax receipts are issued for donations over $25
Food Donations Unopened food donations can be left at the Community School Portable on Thursdays from 3-7, or by prior arrangement made by contacting email@example.com.
Home grown vegetables are welcome but unfortunately we cannot accept home-canned goods, or products last their expiry date. Cash donations to buy food are also much appreciated.
Thank you for your support!