The Farmers Market Nutrition Coupon Program provides access to healthy, nutrient dense foods for families and individuals on Denman Island.
We are happy to announce that the registrations for our 2021 Farmers Market Nutrition Coupon Program are now open!
- The program prioritizes seniors, pregnant woman, and families with children under the age of 5; it is inclusive of families with children 5-18 when possible.
- If you fall into one of the above categories, self identify as low-income or face barriers such as isolation, this program could be a fit for you
- Participants will get $21 per week for 16 weeks to spend on fruit, veggies, eggs, fresh herbs, vegetable/fruit plants, meat, and nuts.
- The program starts on June 19th and will run until December 11th.
- Redeeming coupons is easy! Just treat them like cash at your favourite stalls at the farmers market.
Not all applicants may be eligible, however they may be included on a waitlist in the event we are able to expand the program.
To participate: fill up the form below and send it to email@example.com:
PDF form: Participant-Enrollment-Form-2021
Questions about participating can be directed at 250-335-2058 (voice mail) or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions from vendors can be directed to Laura at email@example.com.
This program is delivered by the BC Farmers Market Association, with financial support from the province of British Columbia. On Denman, the program is being jointly coordinated by the GPA and us, DICES, and we are thrilled to have been awarded 25 placements this year.