The Farmers Market Nutrition Coupon Program provides access to healthy, nutrient dense foods for families and individuals on Denman Island.
The 2020 Farmer Market Coupon Program has now wrapped up. We will start another round in May 2021.
- The program prioritizes seniors, pregnant woman, and families with children under the age of 5; it is inclusive of families with children 5-18 when possible.
- If you fall into one of the above categories, self identify as low-income or face barriers such as isolation, this program could be a fit for you
- Participants will get $21 per week for 15 weeks to spend on fruit, veggies, eggs, meat, and nuts.
- The program starts on June 13th.
- Redeeming coupons is easy! Just treat them like cash at your favourite stalls at the farmers market.
Participant selection and orientation will take place in the first week of June. Not all applicants may be eligible, however they may be included on a waitlist in the event we are able to expand the program.
Questions about participating can be directed to Emily at 250-335-2058 or dices.communityprograms[at]gmail.com.
Questions from vendors can be directed to Laura at denmanmarket[at]gmail.com.
This program is delivered by the BC Farmers Market Association, with financial support from the province of British Columbia. On Denman, the program is being jointly coordinated by the GPA and us, DICES, and we are thrilled to have been awarded 20 placements this year.