To book your laundry time, select from the available dates on the calendar in either MORNING ( 8:30am-12:20pm) or AFTERNOON (1:30pm-5:30pm). Each time slot is 4 hours. If only morning or afternoon shows, it is likely the other slot is booked.
To book your laundry time using the calendar:
- Wait for the calendar to load
- Select an available day. On the available days the number is black rather then gray.
- Select time slot.
- Enter your name and your email address.
- Click the green button that says “Book This Appointment”
You will receive an email confirming your laundry time. If you do not receive a confirmation email please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are unable to use the calendar you can also book an time by:
- Emailing email@example.com and let us know what time you would like to book
- Calling 250 335 2058 and leave a message with the time you would like to book
Please do not use the laundry facility unless you have received confirmation that the time has been booked for you.
If you are unable to use your time slot please let us know as soon as possible.
The Laundry Facility is located in the backroom of 3646 Denman Rd (the Ducks crossing building), please follow the road to the left of the building around back to find the entrance. Our facility has one washer and one dryer.
We want to keep the laundromat affordable but still not run it at a deficit. We there for offer a sliding scale, please pay what you can afford within the scale. $3.50-$6.50/load in washing machine and $3.50-$6.50/load in dryer. If this expense is prohibitive to you please let us know.
To ensure that DICES Laundry Facility is a safe place we ask that you;
1. Sanitize all high touch surfaces with disinfectant spray and paper towel at the beginning and end of your time slot.
- door knobs,
- control panel of washing machine and dryer
- top of machines
- inside of machines
- table and chair
- Sweep the floor
- Keep within your allotted time
The Laundry Custodian regularly cleans the laundry facility as well.
Do not use DICES Laundry Facility if you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19
Key symptoms of COVID-19 include:
- Fever or chills
- Loss of sense of smell or taste
- Difficulty breathing
Other symptoms may include:
- Sore throat
- Loss of appetite
- Extreme fatigue or tiredness
- Body aches
- Nausea or vomiting
Thank you for protecting your community!
Get in touch!
Please get in touch if something isn’t working at the laundromat or if you have suggestions or questions.
Leave a message at 250 335 2058 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
This user agreement is established to help facilitate a safe and well-functioning space for all. When you sign in you accept the terms of the agreement. Use of the laundry facility is contingent on all users having read and accepted the terms of the agreement.
- Only use the laundry facility when you have a scheduled time
- Sign in when you arrive
- Pay fee by placing money in black box.
- Follow the user cleaning protocols.
- Do not use facility if you have symptoms of COVID-19
- Do not overload the machine. Maximum ¾ full
- Only use detergent provided. No bleach or other cleaning products allowed in the machine
- Do not wash dog bedding, horse blankets or dye clothes in these machines
- No shoes and no plastic in machines
- No soaking wet load in dryer
- No king sized duvet
- Clean out dryer filter between each load
- Stay within your scheduled time slot
- DICES do not take responsibility for items deemed lost or damaged
- Immediately report any problems by calling 250 335 2058 or email email@example.com
The site and its agent(s), reserve the right to resolve issues pertaining to the use of the site as they deem fit. Any user violating any site rules, or any provincial or federal laws, is subject to loss of access privileges and any other action deemed appropriate.
Purpose of project
The purpose of this project is to ensure access to laundry on Denman especially during times of COVID restrictions when town trips are better avoided. The project was made possible thanks to financial support from the Comox Valley Community Foundation.
Thank you to the owners of the building for allowing us to use the space for free.
Thank you to Comox Valley Community Foundation for supporting this project.